Itching, red, raised, scaly skin, inflammation and pain. That's the discomfort and unenviable feeling which accompanies psoriasis, a quite common skin condition that usually starts between the ages of 20 and 45. But there are so many natural health remedies for psoriasis that have been studied, proven and applied successfully by a significant number of psoriasis patients and conventional physicians.
Just a little effort of mixing, preparing and applying these natural health remedies for psoriasis can relieve or lessen the discomfort of all type of psoriasis.
1. Some studies have shown that applying Aloe Vera extract or gel is very effective in the treatment of stable plaque psoriasis because of its skin-soothing properties and you can find it very easily at any pharmacy or health-food store.
2. One of ancient natural health remedies for psoriasis is applying apple cider vinegar as a disinfectant or soothing agent directly to the skin, with moisturizer or by adding to the bath for treatment of psoriasis.
3. Another herbal remedy for psoriasis is an ingredient capsaicin, found in cayenne peppers. Use the herb in a cream, lotion, ointment or patches for a very effective means of reducing redness, scaling and itching of the skin.
4. An Indian herb, turmeric has great healing power as an antiseptic to help relieve swelling, pain and inflammation and is another one of the natural health remedies for psoriasis.
5. Natural health remedies for psoriasis also include such items as evening primrose oil, garlic oil, emu oil, oregano oil, warm olive oil and mineral oil. These are used for their protective and softening effects on the skin.
6. According to many studies, shark cartilage extract is also believed to play a significant role in treating psoriasis. It can be found at most health food stores in pill form.
7. Some bath solutions have also proven to be very effective as remarkable natural health remedies for psoriasis. For example, warm bath with tea tree oil, Epsom salts, baking soda, vegetable oil, coal tar solution, sage grass extract, oiled oatmeal, walnut leaves, pine or spruce needles. Don't forget to apply a soothing moisturizer after a bath solution.
8. Milk thistle is also a significantly useful herb to restrain human T-cell activation. It is available at health food stores in the form of tablet or fluid extract.
9. Covering psoriasis patches with whipped fresh chicken egg-white with vegetable oil and plastic wrap is a another proven, natural health remedy for psoriasis that helps in easing the symptoms of the disease and clearing of skin.
10. Shampoos, creams, gels, and other topical preparations containing salicylic acid may also help to remove scales and dead skin caused by psoriasis.
Now-a-days, many people are choosing herbal and natural health remedies for psoriasis as they have fewer side effects than prescribed and over the counter medications. But take care to examine, choose and use any of these natural remedies for psoriasis, as they can have potentially serious interactions when used with prescribed medications. Always consult with your doctor if you are taking a prescription before starting any of these natural health remedies for psoriasis.