If asked, "What is the most common health problem that is growing at the alarming rate?", one out of
four people will probably answer---"High Blood Pressure or Hypertension". Most physicians usually
recommend pharmaceutical medication for hypertension. But, more and more, the beneficial role of
natural health remedies for high blood pressure is recognized by many researchers and scientists. A
holistic approach, along with these natural health remedies for high blood pressure, can help to lower
your blood pressure in a natural, safe and effective way.
The principle of adopting natural health remedies for high blood pressure are based upon our
balanced daily diet, life style management and careful consumption of certain supplements.
1. One of the most effective natural health remedies for high blood pressure is garlic. You can take
1-2 fresh garlic cloves in various forms such as soup, salad, pickles and the like. Garlic is also
available in the form of capsules. An average dose of two to three capsules a day for 12 weeks will
make a sizable dent in high levels of blood pressure.
2. A diet rich in magnesium (found in nuts, kale, leafy greens, legumes and whole cereal grains),
folic acid and potassium will work effectively in reducing high blood pressure.
3. Vitamin therapy---some vitamins also play a crucial role as natural health remedies for high
blood pressure, such as vitamins B, C, D, and E (which helps vitamin C to lower blood pressure
level), You can get these vitamins by consuming citrus (lemons, oranges and grapefruit), Indian
gooseberry, European blueberry and watermelon or by supplementation.
4. Serrapeptase is a natural proteolytic enzyme isolated from the micro-organism that is processed
through fermentation of plant grown enzymes so vegetarians can also consume it. This enzyme is
immunologically active for clearing the blood vessels and has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect. It
is truly a natural health remedy for high blood pressure.
5. Some herbs such as cayenne, terminalia arjuna (an Indian coronary vaso-dilative herb),
commiphora mukul, withania somnifera, ginger, saffron (having a chemical called crocetin, which
help to lower blood pressure), mistletoe, kudzu (Pueraria lobata), valerian (Valeriana officinalis),
hawthorn berries and tops, rauwolfia, horse chestnut and ginkgo biloba...are also very useful and
effective natural health remedies for high blood pressure that treat hypertension extremely well.
6. A beneficial effect can be realized by reducing the quantity of salt and sodium-rich foods such as
soy sauce, canned soups, fried, fatty, refined and spicy foods, sodas, tobacco, tea and coffee.
7. Overweight and stress, both play a very important role in increasing the level of blood pressure.
By reducing both, you can surprisingly lower your blood pressure level safely and naturally. Yoga
and meditation can do wonders to reduce weight, stress and normalize blood pressure and are great
natural health remedies.
Fortunately, these powerful natural health remedies, along with choosing the proper diet and lifestyle
options are a safer, more effective means for treating high blood pressure. You can find them easily
at any grocery market, herbal medical store, health food store or Ayurveda shop.